Xabi Alonso was one of the high profile targets of many clubs from all around the globe as his situation in Real Madrid and his future was still undecided until some moments ago as the Spanish midfielder decided to remain in Spain with Carlo Ancelotti by signing a contract that will be keeping him in Real Madrid until 2016.
The defensive midfielder has made over 200 appearances for Real Madrid since making his move from Liverpool some years ago and despite being 32 years old, he still has a few years left in him to play at the top level.
While the future of Alonso has been decided, the same cannot be said about Angel Di Maria who is now being investigated after the Argentine was seen grabbing his crotch while being substituted during Real Madrid’s match against Celta Vigo.
His gestures are being considered to be rude and a lack of respect as everyone was seeing him make his way out of the pitch for the introduction of Gareth Bale and some reports are even claiming that the Argentinean midfielder made those gestures as a sign of anger and frustration for being removed from the match.
“I did not want to do anything towards either the supporters or the coach as was being claimed,” the 25-year-old was quoted as saying on Real’s website on Tuesday.
“It was a natural gesture that any man does, and all the more so when he is running,” he said. “You do it a lot on the pitch. On television you can see that it lasts a millisecond. It’s nothing. It’s not like I was doing it on purpose for an extended period of time.”
Angel Di Maria was given a lapse of time for him to clear up the situation as the player insisted in saying that it was just a natural gesture that a man does.
The manager of Real Madrid, Carlo Ancelotti, has said that Mesut Ozil decided to make a move away from Santiago Bernabeu because he had been told that he was not going to get starting opportunity in every match.
Arsenal bought Ozil on the final day of the pre-season transfer window after paying a transfer fee of 42.5 million Pounds. The young German midfielder hasn’t taken too much time to settle down at Arsenal. He has started going great guns at his new club and has already won them a few games.
Ozil has made 8 Premier League appearances for the Gunners so far and has found the back of the net a couple of times. Apart from that, he has also set up 4 goals for his team.
Ozil has shown some great form for his national side as well this season. He has scored some vital goals for Germany and has helped them make their way to the World Cup finals.
Talking to the reporters about Ozil in a press conference yesterday, Ancelotti said, “Mesut had the clear idea that he would not be in the starting XI in every match and he was uncomfortable with that. He was in touch with the other clubs and I was aware of that.”
Later in that press conference, Ancelotti hailed Madrid’s new star signing Gareth Bale and said that the Welsh winger could become a great player.
The Real Madrid boss said, “Gareth had a tough time initially, but, it has happened with a lot of players here at Madrid. When the guys first come in here, they suffer a few problems. But, he is very talented and he can be a legend in future.”
Bale has been in brilliant form of late for Madrid. In the match against Seville last month, he scored a couple of goals and then, in the European Cup game against Juventus, he found the net again.
The world’s most expensive player, Gareth Bale, has said that he is extremely proud of his goalscoring debut for Real Madrid. The 24-year-old recently completed the £ 86 million transfer to Real Madrid, which surpassed the £ 80 million paid by Madrid for the services of Cristiano Ronaldo in 2009. Bale was expected to be on the bench for his debut match against Villarreal. He was not in the best possible shape, which limited his game time during the international break. Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti did confirm prior to the match that Bale was going to take part in the match at some time or the other, but he refused to comment whether he would start or not.
In the end, he did start and he managed to open the scoring after just 34 min. Villarreal had taken the lead a few minutes before, but a tap in from Bale equalised the match. He was replaced after the 60th minute. Superstar Cristiano Ronaldo also scored in the match to give Madrid the lead, which was quickly wiped out following a goal from Giovanni dos Santos. After the match, Bale said that he was extremely delighted to have scored on his debut for his new team, but was not happy with the result.
“Proud to score on my debut and pleased to get 60 minutes, just disappointed not to get the result,” said the 24-year-old. “I think he (Bale) is happy to score his first goal for Real Madrid. He played in a difficult match and he played well, showing his good attitude,” said Carlo Ancelotti after the match. Bale is now expected to make an even more impact in his European debut. Real Madrid will be playing against Galatasaray on Wednesday night in the first match of the Champions league group stages for this season.
Napoli recently managed to sell Edinson Cavani for the fee they have been asking in the last few years. The Uruguay striker has joined French club PSG for around £ 53 million, which is one of the highest ever transfer fees paid to a player. The departure of the Uruguay star, though, has left a void in the Napoli team. As a result, they will be getting into the transfer market in order to strengthen the team according to president Aurelio De Laurentiis. The club recently appointed former Chelsea and Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez as the replacement for Walter Mazzarri, who departed for Inter Milan.
De Laurentiis is keen on giving his new manager some chance to achieve the feats of the last few years when Napoli have managed to rise as one of the top teams in Italy. Last season, they finished second in the table only behind eventual winners Juventus. However, the absence of Cavani will be a huge loss for the club because he has contributed majority of the goals for the club in the last two years. Napoli are believed to be targeting Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain, who is on the market for around £ 25 million.
This fee will not be a problem for Napoli, who are cash rich following the sale of Cavani.
“It’s true that we’re negotiating for Gonzalo Higuain and Leandro Damiao. The money we got for Cavani added to the £52million we had set aside for the transfer budget means there will be £107.5m to carefully invest on Napoli,” said Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis. Napoli, though, will have to face stiff competition from Arsenal, who are believed to be on the verge of signing the Argentine ace. Chelsea are also monitoring the situation as well after losing out on Cavani.
Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has said that a continuous barrage of criticism from several sections of the media and fans could eventually drive him out of Liverpool in the summer. Suarez has faced several criticisms from the day he arrived at Liverpool. He has been banned for more than 10 matches on two counts. The first suspension was served due to racial abuse of Manchester United defender Patrice Evra, while the second suspension was due to the biting of Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic during a match between the two clubs.
Suarez cost Liverpool £ 20 million from Ajax a few seasons ago. However, he is now valued at around £ 40 million after an impressive showing with the Merseyside club. The Uruguay striker could have finished as the top scorer in the Premier league had it not been for the suspension. He will now be suspended for the opening six matches of the new campaign as well. The striker has been subjected to interest from clubs like PSG in the past. Real Madrid are the latest club to show an interest in the player, who has scored more than 20 league goals in the Premier league last season.
Suarez has said that he is extremely happy to be aware of the interest from a club like Real Madrid.
“I love Liverpool, but if there is a chance of playing somewhere else … I suffered too much as a kid to get where I am to be attacked unfairly by the English press. They haven’t appreciated me as a player, they’ve just judged my attitude. I’m happy at Liverpool, I’m happy because of the fans. My daughter and my wife have suffered. I’m not prepared to continue to put up with the English press,” said the 26-year-old in a recent interview to a radio station in Uruguay.
After managing to guide Juventus to the first title in nine seasons, Antonio Conte has turned out to be one of the highly wanted managers in Europe. He has been linked with major clubs like Chelsea and Real Madrid over the last few months, but the 43-year-old has said that he does not plan to leave Juventus now. He has said that it is extremely overwhelming to learn about the interest from the likes of Real Madrid and Chelsea, but he feels extremely happy at Juventus itself. He has pointed out to the harmony between him and the directors at Juventus as the main reasons for this happiness.
Until recently, Conte has recalled that he was just the manager who had won two promotions from the division of Italian football. However, Juventus decided to place their faith in him. He has said that there are several stages in his Juventus stay, which aims to make the club the top dog in Europe once again. It has been more than a decade the club lost won the Champions League. The club managed to dominate and win the league last time around. There are favourites to do the same this season as well due to their substantial nine-point advantage over second placed Napoli.
“There is absolutely no chance of me leaving Juventus at the end of the season. It’s very pleasing to hear big European clubs appreciate you, but the praise is there for the players and Juventus overall. This means we are all working well together and should be proud. I am very much in sync with the president, directors Beppe Marotta and Fabio Paratici. As long as this harmony exists, there will be no problem. Do I feel ready for a big European club? I am already at a big European club,” said Conte.