The Soccer Wire Video clip Rating: 5 / 5
The manager of Real Madrid, Carlo Ancelotti, has said that Mesut Ozil decided to make a move away from Santiago Bernabeu because he had been told that he was not going to get starting opportunity in every match.
Arsenal bought Ozil on the final day of the pre-season transfer window after paying a transfer fee of 42.5 million Pounds. The young German midfielder hasn’t taken too much time to settle down at Arsenal. He has started going great guns at his new club and has already won them a few games.
Ozil has made 8 Premier League appearances for the Gunners so far and has found the back of the net a couple of times. Apart from that, he has also set up 4 goals for his team.
Ozil has shown some great form for his national side as well this season. He has scored some vital goals for Germany and has helped them make their way to the World Cup finals.
Talking to the reporters about Ozil in a press conference yesterday, Ancelotti said, “Mesut had the clear idea that he would not be in the starting XI in every match and he was uncomfortable with that. He was in touch with the other clubs and I was aware of that.”
Later in that press conference, Ancelotti hailed Madrid’s new star signing Gareth Bale and said that the Welsh winger could become a great player.
The Real Madrid boss said, “Gareth had a tough time initially, but, it has happened with a lot of players here at Madrid. When the guys first come in here, they suffer a few problems. But, he is very talented and he can be a legend in future.”
Bale has been in brilliant form of late for Madrid. In the match against Seville last month, he scored a couple of goals and then, in the European Cup game against Juventus, he found the net again.
The Soccer Wire Video Ranking: / five
The world’s most expensive player, Gareth Bale, has said that he is extremely proud of his goalscoring debut for Real Madrid. The 24-year-old recently completed the £ 86 million transfer to Real Madrid, which surpassed the £ 80 million paid by Madrid for the services of Cristiano Ronaldo in 2009. Bale was expected to be on the bench for his debut match against Villarreal. He was not in the best possible shape, which limited his game time during the international break. Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti did confirm prior to the match that Bale was going to take part in the match at some time or the other, but he refused to comment whether he would start or not.
In the end, he did start and he managed to open the scoring after just 34 min. Villarreal had taken the lead a few minutes before, but a tap in from Bale equalised the match. He was replaced after the 60th minute. Superstar Cristiano Ronaldo also scored in the match to give Madrid the lead, which was quickly wiped out following a goal from Giovanni dos Santos. After the match, Bale said that he was extremely delighted to have scored on his debut for his new team, but was not happy with the result.
“Proud to score on my debut and pleased to get 60 minutes, just disappointed not to get the result,” said the 24-year-old. “I think he (Bale) is happy to score his first goal for Real Madrid. He played in a difficult match and he played well, showing his good attitude,” said Carlo Ancelotti after the match. Bale is now expected to make an even more impact in his European debut. Real Madrid will be playing against Galatasaray on Wednesday night in the first match of the Champions league group stages for this season.